Tigase server version 2.9.1 release
New version of Tigase server is now available. The main new feature is StanzaReceiver - simplified PubSub. There are a lot of possible ways to benefit from this component.
The component and the API allows easy integration of XMPP service with other systems, especially with community building sites. There are a few ready to use modules for StanzaReceiver at the moment allowing integration Tigase with Drupal system:
- Authentication against Drupal database.
- Notifications about new posts on the forum.
- Short/Mini news posting from your XMPP client. This includes simple plug in in StanzaReceiver (Drupal independent, can be used with other systems) and simple module for Drupal - look for "Minis from XMPP" on Tigase site.
Let me know if you are interested in integration Tigase server with any other system or want more plug ins/modules for Drupal. It's easy to add more!
You don't have to install and use whole Tigase server to benefit from the
StanzaReceiver. It works fine as an external component too. So if you are happy with your existing Jabber/XMPP server you can integrate
StanzaReceiver in your working system.
Continue reading for description of all other changes...
New features and improvements:
- StanzaReceiver - new component added with plug ins and module for Drupal CMS.
- Configuration management at runtime - improved.
- Configuration generators - number of improvements, enhanced '--debug' option, support for many external components, support for undefined options.
- DB Schema - added foreign keys constraints to improve database integrity.
- Gentoo Linux startup files have been added to binary package.
- JDBC connector - improved and fixed problem which could occur in distributed installation.
- Replaced '_' with '-' in default names for server components. '_' can not occur in domain names.
- Replaced naming convention from 'component' to 'plugins' for modules loaded by
SessionManager. The previous naming convention was confusing and not accurate.