I'm using an embedded tigase server for testing an embedded tigase client.
sometimes when the client closes it prints an ugly "Socket closed" exception.
This time, two minutes after the client closed, the server reported an infinite loop and hanged.
since I updated to the trunk it seems an error has been introduced. I'm not sure when it appeared since I didn't update for some time.
I had a look at the way the server is initializing and it appears the bootstrap is affected by component names. If the MessageRouter is initialized before the Configurator, then the configuration of the server is totaly wrong (my instance doesn't even start).
In my case, I used a custom UserRepository / AuthRepository, and all components appeared to use the default server config instead of my "--user-db" and "--auth-db" parameters.
it seems there are a few issues with the MUC components when the room are locked (not configured) :
I join an unexisting room, it will be created and send back a "201" status (configuration required).
1 ) A user trying to join this room should receive an error (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#enter-locked), the server is not sending anything. Some clients will end up hanging, because they expect an answer, be it an error or a confirmation.
2 ) I don't configure the room, and leave it or disconnect (send an unavailable presence), the room is not destroyed.